Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Letters for Better Days

I see there is a deadline of Dec. 18 to send a letter.



 

I got this response today  Good on them for doing a personal response.

I decided to send a letter from Santa. This idea was inspired by Linda doing all her great work answering letters to Santa.

Dear Santa and Rudolph, 


Our team knows how busy you must be at this time of year, and we are so grateful you took a moment to write a letter! On behalf of all of us at Team Impact and the Youth Leadership Millennium Program run by SUCCESS, we would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a compassionate letter to be shared with seniors in our community this holiday season.

 

Thanks to you, seniors all over Vancouver will experience some hope and a shining light this winter! As you may know, COVID-19 has stopped frequent visitors from seeing their loved ones, essentially making it hard to maintain healthy relationships and staying connected through the holidays. Unfortunately, the effects of social isolation are compounded during this time of year and this can have a serious effect on older people’s risk of anxiety and depression. Your thoughtful action will touch many lives during this challenging time.

 

We are so grateful you took the time to help us spread some joy and cheer this winter. We would like to wish you a Happy Holidays and we hope you and your loved ones stay safe through this season.

 

Thank you again for your support!

 

Sincerely,

Team Impact

 Alejandra, Alissa, Megan, Nekisa, & Tracy


This was the letter I sent. The letter to Santa was one the CBC published years ago but it doesn't seem to show up on my blog post. 


To my dear old friend,

I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately as I heard you’ve not been able to have visitors since the pandemic began. I know how hard that must be for you. I remember all the wonderful letters you sent to me and they were all so thoughtful and kind and I knew I would always have very special cookies and milk waiting for me at your house.

We are very busy at the North Pole this year and the elves have been keeping everyone’s spirits up. Rudolph is up to his usual tricks but it’s hard not to laugh.

I’ve been busy answering letters and I’m so glad to have many helpers. I thought I would share one with you. 

Keep your spirits up and remember Santa is thinking of you.

From your old friend Santa,
Sent from The North Pole

Linda''s post on Santa Letters: