Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A wonderful Sunday dinner with Donna

 Since Donna is a single person, she is allowed to see one or two people so it's really been wonderful to be able to actually see someone during these very restricted times. I made my caulifower cheese, brussel sprouts (Donna and Jim love them...me, not so much) and we had a small ham. 

And of course I had to take a photo of the empty table...a family tradition. We changed the place settings later to abide by social distancing. Thinking about it now, I should have taken a photo of that positioning since it's certainly different. My parents' china, my grandmother's sterling and napkin rings,  the Santa candlesticks the Curlings gave us, the Riedel wine glasses Richard and Grace gave us last Christmas, and Jim's mom's Christmas tablecloth.

 
Donna brought dessert. She had been baking up a storm...fruit cake and  two types of shortbread. And two types of oranges. We ate loads and still had this left.



I forgot to take a photo of the cauliflower cheese when it came out of the oven...looked and tasted fabulous. Leftovers tonight. Just two brussel sprouts.  Jim can have them:)


Donna has invited us for New Year's Eve for dinner so that is something to really look forward to. We won't be staying up until midnight:)