Saturday, December 12, 2020

Greetings from Germany

It's always great to hear from Maureen, Jim's Scottish cousin, who now lives in Germany. She insisted I must serve neeps (turnips) for our Robbie Burns dinner last year. Jim loves them but usually only gets them for Christmas dinner.  I will be making a big portion for this year's Christmas dinner for his pleasure. I was so glad I had the Robbie Burns evening last year...no chance for it this year! 

Hello Jim and Janice,  really nice to hear from you .  Yes it has been a hard year for us all ( everwhere).  In Germany although we have followed the restrictions,,,,,,,   wear mask, keep distance some shops only allowing two customers to enter i.e. sometimes long queues outside waiting,   especially at the Lotto Shop,  in spite of these restrictions the daily infections are high and  it looks like  we here in Germany have to expect even more tougher restrictions..............     My Xmas celebrations will be at home,  I cancelled my trip to  Eric,  hopefully that in the New Year 2021 we can return back to life before  Corona................  To-day  on the daily news.  I read some of the Royals are expecting babies next Spring,   So I presume they didn`t bake bread????

e.g  Princess Eugeone, G.B......  Princess Sofia (Sweden) ..... Zara Tindell (grand-daughter from Queen Elizabeth.

We are all keeping well, and I really do miss my travelling (Daily Coach >Trips e.g. to Holland) and of course the German Xmas markets,    However we are all on the same boat and what most important is.   we keep safe and well.

My liviing room is brightly decorated with lights and Xmas figures and I have ordered tasty meals for Xmas delivery date  24th December.   and not forgetting wine and a white port wine  from Amazon.

Jim and Janice keep safe and well and all the best wishes for theNew Year 2021,  and  wishing you both that you can travel to paradise PaLm Springs in the New Year 2021,   although you both are  spending paradise in VANCOUVER now.

Love to you both and keep safe and well,.........from  Maureen   xxx

Hello Janice,  I hope you can scroll down,   I ordered from the Deutsche See >Fischmakatur,      Mussels in Herb >Sauce and Mussels in Wine Sauce, delivery date 24.12.2020



It was so much fun last year.!