Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas is different this year...yeah, no kidding.

We usually collect little gifts for each other for our Christmas stockings but since we were avoiding unnecessary shopping we decided to forgo that tradition this year.

I've been missing my wonderful Ultimate Seafood Feast meals at Red Lobster in Palm Springs so I figured I could at least have the biscuits. Gift to myself.

 


The fedora is Jim's gift to me. I mentioned I really didn't like women's sunhats and golf hats don't give a lot of sun coverage and that I liked fedoras. The Hawaiin shirt is my gift to Jim. We were watching an Anthony Bourdain show on Hawaii and he bought a shirt for $3,000 US. Needless to say I didn't pay that! I liked the pink flamingo design for a lot of reasons. My childhood nickname was "Flamingo" because of my last name Fleming. Mary Soles give us some wonderful art deco flamingo ornaments when we moved into the Flamingo apartment on Beach Avenue. 



A friend of Don Curling's sent him about 100 pink flamingos that were installed on his lawn one birthday. It was very funny to see. There's a company that does that apparently.

Now, the best thing about these gifts is that they fit the both of us.




Jim usually trolls second hand bookstores to find me books. Well, that didn't seem like a safe activity this year so I suggested he go through his library and pick out books he thought I might enjoy. I have read some of them. The printed off page is an unpublished piece by Alice Munro.



Grace and Richard were having Natchos for Christmas Eve dinner so I figured we could have French Onion Soup  for Christmas Day breakfast. The bowls are on one of a set of placemats with scenes of Paris...from the Curlings, of course. I left the photo upside down because it seemed appropriate for the times.



We usually have a bit of fruit when we're drinking our morning coffee but these wonderful cookies Grace made were a real treat this morning. Her baking is going very fast. And while we were drinking our coffee we asked Alexa to play the Queen's message. It was exellent as usual.