Sunday, December 27, 2020

Boxing Day

We had a great chat on Zoom with Carol and John. It's almost like being together but obviously not quite. The crackers I had in 2011 were a lot better than these ones I bought at Home Hardware. The toys were pretty good and I mention them in my blogpost. 



From 2006:

 My cousin, John, has been teasing me about expecting "party hats" ever since he saw last year's Christmas dinner pictures with us all wearing our hats from the crackers. So, on our now traditional Dec 29 lunch I had a surprise for him. This is a little hat I bought in Thailand years ago and has been decorating the top of our Christmas tree (I had a plush mouse before that...I like unusual things for the top of the tree). However, Jim made a protest this year and we went with his choice...a snowman in a Santa hat.


And this is my blogpost from  Boxing Day, 2011:

I should have said that our tourtiere for Christmas Eve was the best one we have bought. I don't know how I could have forgotten the wonderful tourtieres that Fern made for us for many years and with her wonderful tomato chutney made from her own home grown tomatoes.  Ah memory these days...good thing I have my past blog posts.

We continue to be very blessed with family and friends even though we can't see them these days except on Zoom for the most part.