Friday, October 20, 2017

Memorabilia....maps

I've had a plastic tote box marked "memorabilia" in the storage locker and hadn't opened it since we sold our house and moved everything over to Vancouver.  I had sort of forgotten what was in it.  Well,  one thing were maps from our favourite haunts.  Even though I was quite amazed by Linda finding their way in the UK,  London,  and Paris with GPS,  but there is something cool about a real map.  Not that they always get us to where we want to go but isn't being lost and confused part of travelling?

I wish we had maps of all the places we've been but I didn't really think to save them.  It's more a question of these didn't get thrown out.


I love these little pocket guides that have tube and metro maps as well.



City maps from Venice,  Rome, and Florence....funny how the word Florence isn't on the map but the river Arno is named so that's how we know we it is.



We did our Italy trip in 2002.


Now,  this was a very well used map.  We did drive all over the UK and Ireland on various trips


And these are very very special...city maps of our wonderful villages in the south of France...Carqueiranne and Bandol.  I wish I had ones of Sanary,  Cassis,  Hyeres, and St. Tropez, Nice...places we visited many times.