Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Christmas decorations up....

Yes...well, I wanted to have something up for when we come home Christmas day.  Most of our decorations are in Palm Springs.  When we began that adventure we thought we would be spending around five months there and being there over Christmas.  My eye injections have changed that.  I'll have to get some more figures for my village.  It's looking rather bleak.  And we will get a small tree that you can plug in.  All our tree decorations that we collected in our travels are in PS so it will have to be a  tree that can look ok without decorations.

I think I bought the horse music box for Richard's first Christmas.  The terracotta nativity set is from Mexico.


The Maud Lewis candle Mary gave me always seems very Christmassy and the snowman (it lights up )was given to us by Elaine.



The terracotta Last Supper was bought in New Mexico.



These little figures weren't really Christmas decorations as such but they seemed quite Christmassy to me.  I bought them in Chiang Mai, Thailand.



Looks like the Pied Piper has taken everyone away from the village..



Elaine gave us two of these painted wooden candle sticks.  The photos of Jim and I was taken in 1968 at UBC.