Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Exploring our hood

I am just loving 10th Avenue where all these shops and services are and it's about a 5 minute drive.  I got a haircut today at 10th Avenue Salon.  Jim got his hair cut there yesterday and paid $15 for a senior cut.  It was a really good cut.  Well,  in the West End he got cuts for $10 but this was a much better cut.   I have been paying $42 and then with tax and tip $50.  My cut was $17....unbelievable and better than I was getting!

I discovered a nice fish shop and bought some frozen seafood wontons...had some already...excellent!  And a neat butcher where I bought some great looking pate.  There is a good looking Italian restaurant with a  live piano bar and best of all "La Brass",  a French bistro that looks fabulous and gets great reviews.
http://www.labrass.co
And some other place has "Wing Nights"  on Wednesdays for 49 cents each and pints of Sleeman for $12.95.

I'll be buying these again...$6 for 10.



I bought this little Christmas tree at Home Hardware.  I'm going to put up Christmas decorations before we leave so we will have them when we come home Christmas Day from PS.



I bought a hummingbird feeder too since we seem to be getting a lot of them flying around.



Can't wait to try this!