Thursday, August 24, 2017

Out again to our new hood....

First stop The University Golf Club.  I took these photos in the pro shop.  I love the colours but not sure I can see Jim in lime green shorts...




I think the yellow shirt could work.



Just wonderful floral displays at this club.



Then we went for lunch at Jericho Sailing Centre which has the best outdoor deck dining in Vancouver.  On our way into the restaurant,  we saw this cool Grand Torino. We had a Pontiac Parisienne in the same colour.





This painting,  probably by a kid, is at the entrance to the restaurant.  They have lots of programs for kids and families so maybe they have some kids' art there that changes.  There wasn't any identification.  I guess that's a sign of the times these days.  Don't identify kids.


Now,  it's really hard to get how absolutely wonderful this view is without a panorama camera shot but it is the best view of the mountains that surround Vancouver including Whistler,  West Van and North Shore mountains and you get the ocean,  the freighters,  Stanley Park and downtown Vancouver all from sitting on this deck and enjoying a great meal.  It must be one of the best views in the entire world and we are a 10 minute drive from it.  Well,  my blog readers know how I wax ecstatic about Vancouver....ok,  it's my home town and I love it!






We split a two piece fish and chips...would anyone want more?






This is the name of the restaurant here and open to the public.





Then we dropped by the Point Grey Lawn Bowling Club...also croquet it seems.  Super grounds but no one was there so I guess they aren't always open like the Stanley Park Lawn Bowling.  They do seem to have lots of social events so will be fun to check it out.   What is so wonderful about our drives to the beach,  Brock House,  the lawn bowling,  the Jericho Sailing Club is that we are driving through the wonderful University Endowment Lands,  Pacific Spirit Park,  and the wonderful neighbourhood of Point Grey.  Can't wait to start this new lifestyle.

   

The bowling pitches look pretty nice...how wonderful to have such green space in a city like Vancouver.



The clubhouse.



More lawn bowling pitches.




I loved this monkey puzzle tree.  I think you will like seeing this,  Mary!