Monday, April 13, 2020

Lock down in Paris....day 27


* I've been reading this blog regularly and find it quite interesting to read about how things are working out in Paris for people.  I thought I would share her blog from yesterday with you.

For those celebrating Easter and Passover, this post is for you. I’m thinking especially of those who have lost someone recently. We all feel some of that weight today. It’s a lonely Easter Sunday for a lot of people, like me, confined and unable to be with family. The longing is palpable.
I do love Easter, almost more than Christmas, maybe because of the idea of rebirth, of resurrection. Starting anew. I told myself I would not be sad today, and took a walk out in the sun and spring. My local church, Saint-Jean-Bosco, a glorious Art Deco cathedral, did not have mass today, but I sat on the steps for a moment, in the sun, and said a prayer anyway.   
Link for the rest:
https://myparttimeparislife.com/2020/04/12/lockdown-in-paris-day-27/

The local church she attends. Saint-Jean Bosco is quite an amazing example of Art Deco architecture.
https://www.unjourdeplusaparis.com/en/paris-culture/eglise-saint-jean-bosco

And in case you missed it...Andrea Bocelli: Music for Hope
Live from Duomo di Milano

On Easter Sunday (April 12, 2020), by invitation of the City and of the Duomo cathedral of Milan, Italian global music icon Andrea Bocelli gave a solo performance representing a message of love, healing and hope to Italy and the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTUOek4LgU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3aAXSUltbBCQCXGw552dLHt1p6u-PHVXprAVol3-f-ElZ57GGQj6khYQQ