Monday, April 20, 2020

Bookclub meeting yesterday on Zoom


This was my first experience with Zoom and I liked it better than the Skype format. The person hosting knew the author and she was going to come to our face to face meeting but she joined us on Zoom and it was really great to hear her answers to our questions. She was delighted to be there as well and mentioned a number of times what a gift it was to get all these thoughtful reactions to her novel. It looks like she is going to do some more writing with some of the characters and we will all look forward to that.

Well, no food and this bookclub is really into their food. We did have some chat after and it was interesting to catch up on what people and their families are doing.  It seems the police in England don't have enough to do to the point of telling people they shouldn't be sitting on a bench.

The next book is going to be "Where the Crawdads" sing which I've read and it is also a future choice for my Brock House bookclub.  I have it on kindle so will read it again. It's worth two reads and two discussions. I decided to read it when all the current situation began as I felt I wanted something to really engage me and it certainly!