Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Update on the weather

At 8:52 am there is some sunshine so still might get a swim in the sunshine. I will get a swim regardless. I think I've only missed one morning swim in the 11 seasons we've been here. I think it was snowing that day.

71 F in the house so wearing my Muk Luks...they're great!  We only had 2 flashes of lightning and 2 rolls of thunder over a 5 minute period yesterday so not exactly a thunderstorm in the end. PS could use more rain than this but every drop is helpful I guess.

As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, the National Weather Service recorded 0.08 inches of rain at Palm Springs International Airport. A quarter inch of rain should fall by the time conditions ease up Thursday night.
"Palm Springs itself has been a little rain-shadowed," meteorologist Phil Gonsalves said.
Areas surrounding the city received more precipitation since rain began falling Tuesday afternoon. Indio, for example, had 0.24 inches of rain as of 6 a.m. Wednesday and will likely have about a half inch by Thursday night.