Friday, November 01, 2019

Heading for Palm Springs today

It will be different not having our own place but also feeling rather good that we don't have to worry about owning anymore especially given the wild fires this year.  I think I've remembered everything :)

It's after 8pm here on Halloween night and no fireworks so far. We had dinner at the University Golf Club and headed out around 5:30 pm since we really didn't have much lunch. It was really cute to see trick and treaters out as we drove down our street. There are a number of low rise student buildings there so I guess it's a place where families go with their kids. I always remember Halloween as starting when it got dark but I guess we've delayed the time change so it's light now at that time.

Well, just as I am adding to this post at 8:44 pm, I am hearing some faint fireworks.

I do get that people have fun and love this. When Richard was of trick or treating age, we got together with other parents on the block and bought lots of stuff to light off and the kids loved it.

And Richard's first Halloween was the most memorable for him as his first house was across the street (the smaller house we bought a few years later) and the owner was a thin, somewhat odd looking old woman. Richard was absolutely thrilled and said "She's a witch!"  Imagine, seeing a real witch the first time you go out on Halloween:)  I think (hope) she was a bit deaf so didn't hear it.