Monday, November 04, 2019

Red Lobster and a book sale...

We headed the other way and decided to go to Red Lobster. We always do this at least once during our time in PS. I had the "Ultimate Feast" as usual and Jim had the sirloin steak which ends up being a "surf and turf" since he gets a lot of my seafood. It's way too much for me. In this fact list about Red Lobster it seems it is the most popular dish.

7. The most popular dish is the Ultimate Feast. 

And for good reason. It's a hulking entree: There's tender Maine lobster tail, steamed wild-caught North American snow crab legs, garlic shrimp scampi, and Walt's Favorite Shrimp—plus rice and your choice of side. I mean, just look at that butter drip:

We always get the brocoli as the additonal side and we love the caesar salad that comes with the entrees and of course the cheddar biscuits are fabulous. I took home a couple. Now, we had a rather amazing experience. Would you believe that they couldn't supply crab crackers to crack the crab? It's kind of like a steak house without steak knives. They've always had them before. Most of the legs can be snapped by hand but you can't do that with the claws. The server put on plastic gloves and sort of cracked them but it didn't really work. It was a great meal all the same.

Then we went to Palm Desert Library and we learned it was the last half hour of their book sale so books were $5 a bag. Well, of course, Jim got lots of treasures and I also got some books I was really pleased about.  A like new hardcover of Guy Vanderhaeghe's " A Good Man" which is the last of the Englishman's Boy.  I missed this last one for some reason so look forward to it. Also, " A Thousand Days in Tuscany" which looks like a fun read, and " My Life with Bob"...another book about books.