Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year!

I want to wish all my blog readers a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2021. Let's all hope for better times and we will be celebrating a good year had by all. It's hard to believe that next year will be the 20th anniversary of writing this blog. Thank you, Richard, for introducing me to this "other way of writing". I began in 2002 and it's fun for me to read old posts as well as a good record of personal events and a good reference to when we did what and went where.

We had a lovely time at Donna's for New Year's. We brought in the year New York time. We watched CNN doing it and they created quite a good experience considering everything was different this year. Jim and I reminisced about the time we were in New York at New Year's with Don and Elaine. I'll have to look up the blog post for that time.

Jim opening the Champagne.



Donna ready with the red wine to get Jim to open to let it breathe.



Donna and I having a social distancing toast.


We had these turkey bites to begin, then Donna made a wonderful cod Provencale with pasta. I had bought lemon tarts from The Mix Bakery on 10th Avenue. Absolutely amazing.






Donna slaving in the kitchen...we were very spoiled.



A lovely table set with her mother's china.

And we had a fun Zoom call with Roger and Kerry in Edmonton. We all hope to meet together in Palm Springs in November 2021. If this can happen then our lives and world will be back to normal.

I really hope to be blogging from Palm Springs November 2021.