Monday, December 02, 2019

Sleepy time gal

It's always rather tiring coming home from a holiday and I accomplished quite a bit today including getting lots of groceries in. We were having our morning swim and saw some snowflakes so I wanted to get provisions in in case the snow really came down. The snow didn't develop but may do so in some suburban areas of Vancouver. Now that we have everything, it would be fun to get some snow while I'm putting up the Christmas tree today.

Catching up on local news and found this recipe by Eric Akis in the TC today. I'm a little surprised I feel like cooking it but found everything at IGA today and it does look and sound good. I bought a baguette and I think it will all do very nicely for a leisurely lunch with wine.

"A cool December night is the perfect time to make a hearty, aromatic, spirit-lifting stew. It could feature meat, but if local seafood is your thing, head your boat in that direction.

That’s where I dropped my anchor when preparing today’s recipe, which features B.C. cod and cooked, hand-peeled Pacific shrimp. Both are sold at seafood stores and some supermarkets and work very well in my Mediterranean-style seafood stew."

Full recipe here:

https://www.timescolonist.com/life/food-drink/eric-akis-seafood-stew-for-two-with-a-b-c-catch-1.24023882

And speaking of seafood, I did a post on our rather disappointing experience at Red Lobster.  I did email a complaint and we arrived home to a $25 gift card and apology. Businesses can never go wrong by with this kind of good will.  So, we'll be back for the Ultimate Feast in March.