Friday, May 18, 2018

It was fifty years ago today....

We can hardly believe our luck in having such an amazing life together and the icing on the cake is our wonderful son, Richard.  I feel so blessed to be married to someone who loves me more than words can say and who surprises me everyday with schemes, plans, and ideas.  Merci,  mon cher.  Je t'aime beaucoup, comme tu sais tres bien.



And the third wonderful man in my life, my Dad.








Cec, Linda, Donna, Kerry, Roger, and Betty, my bridesmaid.





Jim's parents and us.



My parents and us.


My brother, Craig (the fourth wonderful man in my life), was working as a geologist in the Yukon and couldn't attend.  He sent this telegram.  Since we were both studying English at UBC it was very appropriate.  And yes,  our "royalties" have been infinite!


Dear Jim and Janice,
An idea came to mind. The preliminary drafts were drawn. After several months of proofreading your story has now been published and probably with only a minimum of advertising will proceed to the racks and should be a best seller overnight. May your royalties be infinite and your story become a classic. All the best. Am sorry I could not attend.
Craig