Tuesday, May 29, 2018

"A Paris Year" by Janice MacLeod...

A part of me says I wish I had this book when we were in Paris in the dozen times we were there which points to all sorts of places, shops, etc. in Paris that we didn't discover but another part of me says we were right in just wandering and enjoying the amazing ambience of Paris,  After, of course, seeing all the usual tourist things. That's what's wonderful with numerous visits to the same place. You don't HAVE to see anything and Paris is perfect for just soaking up that ambience. But I think it would have been fun to visit this place and Susan K, I know you would have loved it!

This is what the proprietor said to the author:

I had asked for the "best pen". He didn't give me the most expensive or the most beautiful. I inquired about those. He dismissed them with a wave and reminded me I had asked for the best. Beside the pens lay a massive book provided for pen testing. With a flourish he flipped to a fresh page, dipped the pen in the ink and wrote 'Calligraphy'.  He turned to me. "The most beautifully written word with the best pen. This is your pen."

Melodies Graphiques...a paper and pen store in Paris.