Monday, May 21, 2018

ATC's May 20

It surprised me that I hadn't been to an ATC meeting in two years.  Well,  two moves, illness, and also our group was without a home for a short while and then ended up at the new place for Mosaic on Boundary Road just below Kingsway which is quite a distance but it's really an old stamping ground for me since I lived quite close to there growing up and just about a block away was the Masonic Hall where I went to Job's Daughters.  

Susan and I went together and she drove. It was fun to be together and fun to meet the new members!  I didn't get round to doing much in the way of artwork but had this idea of using the tattoos that came in my new members basket of goodies I won last year from the Jane Austen group.  The idea went over pretty well.



I applied one of the tattoos  and I included removal instructions on the back of the ATC.


Someone was doing geli prints and I was most interested since Susan is often doing that as background and I really didn't know what it meant!


 Susan with her "fake journal" project.


Photos of members working on their art.  We work on stuff and then trade cards.




And members bring stuff for the "free table".  I scored a lot of cool things.


Now,  this is the original  Hilroy School Exercise book that we all did with half the page for artwork and half for writing.  I loved these things!



My treasures...ATC's from the group.



And this was on the free table.  I could hardly believe it but these are folks that have way too many craft and art supplies and are trying to downsize.  These wonderful pastels, coloured pencils and watercolour paints came in this lovelywooden  carrying case.






Now I have no excuse to create somehting for next time!