Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy New Year to all my blog readers!

Well, it's pretty much of a tradition with us these days to have smoked salmon and then rack of lamb for New Years.

Well, we'll begin with the very dreary weather so comfort foods are important.



Well, this is what yesterday was like. It's actually a beautiful sunny day today. What a way to greet the decade!

Smoked salmon with capers and onion...could we actually live without the onion. There were riots in India one year when there was an onion shortage.



The seared rack of lamb...how you begin.


Painted with dijon mustard.


Rolled in breadcrumb, herb, and garlic mix. I've been using dried Herbes de Provence since I don't have a rosemary plant now. I particularly miss the smell of that fresh rosemary cooking so I'm going to get a plant now since our building manager has offered to look in when we're away and I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving it some water.



The final product....we like it pretty rare.


The recipe:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/45641/roasted-rack-of-lamb/