Tuesday, January 21, 2020

From "I grew up in Vancouver FB group"

It was fun to read this.  I share most of these experiences.

My girl grew up on the island ...
She says "Boy, you know every street in Vancouver !"
Il tell you what it's like to grow up in Vancouver...
I was born in St. Paul's hospital
My friends dad had a cabin on My Seymour
I went to the Easter Bions at Stanley park on the 70s
I went to the wax museum
I went to wreck beach
I roller skated at stardust
I had friends from British properties to little mountain
I rode my bike everywhere
I saw at least 10 sea festivals
I know stanley park like the back of my hand
I saw the hockey riots
I was at expo
I saw lady Diana visit
I rode the old China creek track
I've sailboarded in English bay
I rode the top of the gondola at grouse mountain
I dove the waterfalls at cliff park in maple ridge
We used to go to sasamat lake in the 70s before it was a park
I've been to the Planetarium laser show
At 12 I used to ride my bike from south van to UBC
I played on the shores of he Fraser river
I saw the U boat at new west quay
I saw Simon and Garfunkel at bc place
I love whytecliff park
I've cruised Kingsway in a hot rod
I walked the Dyke at the airport
I shot trap in Richmond
The go cart track
I've swam in deep cove
I ate at the old frescos on David st
I saw the hookers in mink coats the the Hotel Vancouver
I saw the 1967 expo train here
I was in carnegy hall at main and Hastings when it was a mueseum
I ate it the On on in china town when you could bring your own bottle
I ate at The Only
I rode every bus
I remember the hippies in gas town
The hair krishnas on Granville
Drank beer at the Ritz and the Dev
The cannery Resturant
I bought my first 45 @ A&B sound for 40 cents
Parties at Jericho hostel
I ate Pauls Subs
I remember Okalla prison in bby
Swam every beach
Skied every mountain
Went to Queen Elizabeth park for my whole life
Ate at Wallys burgers
Been on the top of the Sheraton on Robson
Skated on lost lagoon , trout lake, Central Park
Was at summer Sunday empire stadium
Saw kiss at the coliseum
And every other concert available
I've had dinner at Hys Mansion
Lined up at A&B sound to buy Peter Frampton album
I've danced at Severins Diegos Coconuts
I drove the old track at Westwood 
Had friends in every high school
Friends on every street
That's what it's like to grow up in Vancouver!!!!!!
Wouldn't trade it for anything!