Thursday, December 06, 2018

Browsing in the Uptown Design District

This is the first time Jim had browsed around Uptown. I always make at least one trip there each year. My first trip afater we bought our place was to find a cool coffee table and I was prepared to pay up to $2,000 for it but I didn't find anything I liked. I came home and got the idea for my Mondrian table...$30 worth of paint.

This is from an artist in Vancouver.



This is a fairly new business "On The Mark".  It's a pretty amazing cheese and gourmet food store with pretty high prices especially when you're used to Trader Joe's.











It's always fun going into Shag. He's the artist who creates these lithographs.




Some other artwork that appealed to me.


I found these vintage ashtrays quite interesting.






Pretty cool martini glasses but I prefer out mid century coloured ones we got at Revivals...3 for $10.