Friday, December 17, 2021

Unpacking day

 Donna came to help unpacking today and putting things away and even brought lunch. It was a tremendous help and she is so good at knowing where to put things. Thank you so much, my dear, dear friend.  And Jim did lots of work too. I was pretty exhausted so I'm afraid I wasn't much help.

And Richard helped so much with the packing up. 

And thinking of Fern and Carol who helped so much in getting our house in Victoria ready to sell. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family. I mainly sat and remininced about all the memories these things brought back. 

It was fun to see Mr. M. and M. again. This was from Jim's brother, Ian. He entertained the family with many great witicisms.





On top the wonderful flamingos Derek and Mary gave us when we moved to The Flamingo Apartments when we first moved back to Vancouver and my santons from the south of France (the fisherman and artist) which bring back many great memories of time there with Don and Elaine and of course, Monique, who introduced us to the wonders of that area. And my hole in one trophy. I just had to get that in:)

And my mother's china. I remember many Sunday dinners and special holidays eating off these dishes and we still continue to use them. 



Just while I was writing this blog post, Jim handed me his brother Ian's teddy bear. Ian had the teddy bear because he loved Mr. Bean. 

So many memories of people who are no longer with us along with all the memories of people who are still with us and whose friendship we appreciate so much.

There is a bright side to moving after all.