Monday, December 20, 2021

Always just love everything about The Sylvia...more great art from Art Prosser

 

Artwork by Art Prosser

Hey Everyone. Wanted to share my newest painting, 'Sylvia Hotel'. I've always loved this building, the vines give it such an amazing look and feel, like it's alive. It was built in 1912, overlooks English Bay, and was named after its first owners daughter. I have wanted to paint this one for awhile now as its where I had my Wedding on Aug 21st of this year. The character, charm and energy of a century of memories can be felt here. This is from a picture I took on that day, the best day. I tried to capture a feeling of being with friends and family, invitation and celebration. Thx for having a look at my art. (I removed the building to the left and added mountains). 20" by 16" on gallery stretched canvas.