Saturday, December 04, 2021

Burrard Bridge Painting by Art Prosser

 Hello! I wanted to share this new painting 'Burrard Bridge View". I've walked over this bridge hundreds of times when I lived in Kitsilano and worked downtown. It's defn my favorite bridge as I love the old style Art Deco architecture. The handrails were designed as a visual shutter (stroboscopic effect), so that at a speed of 50 km/h motorists would see through them with an uninterrupted view of the harbour. My friend took this photo as he works at this Coast Guard and recently invited the family down for a tour as he thought it would be some good inspiration for my Vancouver Scenes.

14" by 11" on stretched canvas, acrylic & fluorescents. Thx for having a look!


I think almost everyone who grew up in Vancouver loved the Burrard Bridge. I didn't know this about the handrail, though.