Thursday, May 09, 2019

What fun!

Jim invited Walter and Marketa to come for tea yesterday. Walter is a scientist and Marketa was a professor of German  at UBC. They came for tea so I brought  out my parents' china. They are both proposing presentations at the Huxley conference in Toulon in 2020 and Jim is helping them with their proposals. I know Jim is really appreciated in his studies in Huxley among Huxley scholars but these local folks obviously consider him a "rock star". He works very hard at all this and so nice to see he is appreciated even locally. We'll all be in Toulon for the Huxley Symposium in 2020 and we're all really looking forward to it.

I need to bring this out more often!



They are both always amazed at what Jim manages to unearth in terms of Huxley materials. And they both loved my artwork.  Maybe I'll get inspired to get going on this again. I have set up my easel and materials....