Monday, May 20, 2019

We'll all soon be in California

Richard is attending a conference in Portland at the moment and then meeting Grace in San Francisco for a little holiday. Sounds like an interesting conference and Richard loves Portland. I think it's mainly the great craft beer. I'm sure he'll be imbibing a few.

https://www.writethedocs.org/conf/portland/2019/

I went to Jensen's yesterday since I needed a few things (and it's on the way back from Steinmart...I got some shoes). They have been advertising that they now have fried chicken so picked up a half chicken and a demi baguette. The chicken was excellent and with some tomatoes made a perfect lunch. I also picked up a USAD Prime New York Steak which we had for dinner tonight. You really can't get the equivalent of "Prime" in Canada or at least B.C. Apparently the restaurants buy up all the premium beef.

We had that for dinner. I always have just a small amount and I had to save room for my peanut brittle. Jensen's has a wonderful example of peanut brittle and I love the fact that it is in the fruit and vegetable department. So, it's healthy, right!

My peanut brittle.



Jim's cooked portion



Not cheap but worh it.