Saturday, May 25, 2019

A fabulous day yesterday and Spencer's was wonderful!

I'm not sure why we haven't been to Spencer's lately. It really is a wonderful setting outside under the plane trees. And we noticed there was a pianist playing in the bar. It's a beautiful sunny day (currently 83F) and not scheduled to start getting really hot until Thursday, the day we leave.  Perfect timing. Apparently it is currently snowing at the Aerial Tramway. I saw that on FB but I don't think that can be true.

Jim got the three course businessman's lunch which was a great deal at $19.50. He began with what was probably the best Boston clam chowder I've ever had (I had a couple of spoonfuls) and then he had the ribs. There was a fish option. And great ice cream and fruit for dessert which i shared.





I got three small crabs and it was an interesting experience but I think the Maryland crab is probably better in crabcakes. Of course, you can't ever beat our local Dungeness crab. Cost a bomb these days if you can even get it. Gone are the days when Thrifty's in Victoria had whole crabs for $10 on Mother's Day. And we don't benefit from our neighbour, Chris, going on fishing trips and bringing back halibut, salmon, and lots of crab....yum, yum, yum!



This is for you, Linda. Maybe you didn't know this was happening :) At the checkout in Von's.