Monday, May 13, 2019

A wonderful day yesterday....

Richard was in Victoria to be a "judge" at Kristen's cooking competition. He sent me a warm Mother's Day wish which was much appreciated.

We had tickets (free) to Vancouver Academy of Music's Symphony concert at the Orpheum. Donna joined us and we all loved it. It was particularly special since the son of one of our Jane Austen members was the featured concert pianist. Jon Kimura Parker played Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1. And her nephew is Ian Parker, the conductor and musical dirictor of VAM (Vancouver Academy of Music).

Before the main event there was the Intermediate VAM Orchestra playing some selections. These are younger people and perhaps one of them was playing my father's violin. Nice to think about. We got introduced to this school because I donated my father's violin to them and it seems that I have free tickets forever.

And then we all went to a Japanese restaurant in Kerrsdale where Donna lives and had a great dinner. The upcoming year for VAM sounds great and we are really happy to think we'll be able to take advantage of all of them. Going to Palm Springs we missed most of them. I get free tickets so if anyone else wants to join us, let me know.

The Orpheum...wonderful venue.



This was a lane just outside the Orpheum...kind of cool mural.


The new season. It just seemed right to take these photos on my wonderful quilt that my dear friend, Kerry, made for me. the colours are perfect.



Program from today.