Thursday, January 31, 2019

Year of the Pig





Jim and I are both born in 1947 as are our old school friends...some of whom are in Palm Springs at the moment....lucky devils or should I say lucky pigs.,,

This is what it says about us:

pig represents luck, overall good fortune, wealth, honesty, general prosperity, symbolizing a hard working, a peace-loving person, a truthful, generous, indulgent, patient, reliable, trusting, sincere, giving, sociable person with a large sense of humour and understanding.


Sounds like us, doesn't it guys?

I know I bought this little pig in Italy. There is a famous Bronze Pig of Florence that can bring luck so it may have been Florence. At the time I had forgotten we were born in the Year of the Pig but it seemed like a rather amusing souvenir and we had been to Carrera where the marble quarries are.I may have bought it there since it is marble but I do know it was associated with luck.

I put the toonie down so you could get the scale of it. I like small souvenirs like this!