Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Alexa, my new best friend!

Richard, you will be proud of me. I got Alexa working all by myself.

It's really quite fun but I realize it could save us up to $265 a year (it cost $100). I'm on a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime which will cost $80 a year. It looks like it will have anything we want to listen to in music so can give up Apple Music at $180 a year. We may give up Netflix at $132 a year. We haven't watched anything on Netflix for months and Amazon Prime Video seems to have a lot of stuff. I am also paying $33.50 a year for extra cloud storage. Amazon Prime gives you unlimited photo storage.

It will also read all my Kindle books and I have a lot of classics on my Kindle as well as new books. You can ask her to tell you a joke:
"Why did Zero start dating? He was looking for the One."

There may be a glitch or two as my Macbook Air doesn't have the system requirement to do Silverlight which is needed for the video service but Jim's iPad probably will be capable.

Well, obviously, we could have done Amazon Prime without Alexa but it got me interested in it. I guess I was very turned off by the Canadian Amazon Prime which only offered good delivery options initially not all the other stuff.
Hello Janice Sexton,

Congratulations! You've just joined Amazon Prime, the best membership program for shipping, shopping, entertainment, and more. With your 30-day free trial, here are just a few of the many great benefits included with your membership.

Shopping

Prime members get access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.ca 30 minutes before other customers can access these deals.

Delivery

Items are delivered fast with Prime Delivery options like FREE Two-Day Shipping and FREE Same-Day or One-Day Delivery in select areas.

Entertainment

Watch and enjoy popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video. Stream over one million songs, ad-free with Prime Music. Enjoy free game content every month with Twitch Prime.