Friday, August 31, 2018

Kuroishi Sushi


We had lunch here yesterday with Liz....always fun to see her! We had a very good dinner here a couple of weeks ago with Donna. It's quite new and we weren't aware of it before Donna mentioned it although it's in our stamping ground of W.10th.  Liz said it was a bakery before.

We got talking so forgot to take photos other than the one I took of the interior when we arrived but we were really impressed with the lunch Bento Box. This one has tempura which I was missing from our DoDo Sushi a few blocks away. I think this will be our go to place for Japanese food.

Liz has chosen "Brave New World" for the book she is hosting for her bookclub later in September so she was really pleased that Jim can come to give a little talk about the book. Her bookclub has a tradition of lunch and wine...works for us!

There was way too much food for Liz or I to eat so we both took home the California Roll.  I'm always impressed with places that give you some chopsticks, napkin, and soy sauce with the doggie bag. And I think it was the best California Roll I've had in a while. Very copious real crab and rolled in sesame seeds...wow!


Set on a background of a placemat with a scene of Paris and a tablecloth I bought in our wonderful market in Carqueiranne.