Monday, August 13, 2018

70th Year Celebration of the Trolley Bus in Vancouver

Ah...the old trolley buses. I wonder how many trips I made on these buses over the years...hundreds I guess. It was a cosy place to be looking out at the rain. Maybe that's why I still love watching the rain come down in Vancouver. I was often going downtown to go to the main branch of the public library (now Victoria's Secret).  I was fascinated by all the newspapers from all over the world. Perhaps that's where I got my desire to be an international journalist.




From Global News:

"Angus McIntyre has been driving buses since 1969.

Through the years, he has seen four generations of public transit vehicles come and go.

And on Sunday, he got a chance to drive a retro trolley that roamed the streets of Vancouver in 1954.

Metro Vancouver is celebrating 125 years of public transit and to celebrate passengers were given a chance to take a trip back in time.

Canadian Car-Brill trolley bus was brought out of retirement to give passengers a free ride in downtown Vancouver Sunday afternoon. The bus still has a BC Hydro logo on it, back from when the power authority was in charge of the transit system."