Thursday, June 04, 2020

Rancho Mirage Library and Observatory reopening....

Now, how cool is this! It's such an amazing library and to figure out a way of reopening...wow!




I googled "what libraries are open" and only picked up these little free libraries that are in neighbourhoods around the world. Well, these are pretty cool too. I wondered if any public library in the world is open now. I checked on the New York Public Library and it's closed.


But I did notice that some metro Vancouver libraries like New Westminster and North Vancouver have been open for "take-out" services. Our Vancouver Public Library is rather slow to do this but apparently it is coming. In fairness, there are a lot of branches in the VPL system so probably more complicated.

“I was made for the library, not the classroom.The classroom was a jail of other people’s interests. The library was open, unending, free.” 

-- Ta-Nehisi Coates, Between the World and Me