Wednesday, June 17, 2020

I'm with Shelley Fralic...

While I am loving reading about Paris in Lisa Anselmo's blog these days, I have no desire to really go anywhere other than Palm Springs. Fralic says she'll never give up Palm Springs either. My friend, Linda, can't wait to get travelling again and is really missing it. I hope things get back to normal before too long so she can feed her wanderlust and Shelley and I can get back to our wonderful desert oasis.

Benjamin keeps posting lots and lots of photos of paradise on FB...

Evening in PS.




Article: No More Tckets to Ride

It’s outright boomer heresy to say so, for if the world has been our oyster, as we are interminably reminded, why on Earth would anyone so blessed be so cavalier in shucking off the opportunity to explore it fully?
After all, travel is meant to enrich us, enlighten us, expose us to culture and humanity and the illumination that as a people, despite our differences from one border to the next, we are one. To travel, goes the inculcation, is to experience life.
Blah. Blah. Blah.
Here’s why I hate it. Not that I always did. Just that I do now.
Where once planes, trains and automobiles were the passport to new adventures, today the skies, rails and roads no longer hold that magical lure to uncharted territory.
Getting there, getting anywhere, is now mostly a crushing chore. Security checks, patdowns, unruly masses, pricey hotels, cramped airless planes, trashy trinkets, bed bugs, jammed freeways, pickpockets and armed guards.

Rest of the article"
http://eedition.thewhig.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

P.S. The exception I suppose would be those wonderful and reasonable bus tours Maureen takes but we'd have to be living in Europe to take advantage of those.