Monday, July 22, 2019

Itty Bitty Book Reviews: "The Quiche of Death" and "A Distant View of Everything"

"The Quiche of Death" by M.C. Beaton


I recently joined a FB group called the British Bookclub. Someone asked for something really funny to read and someone suggested the Agatha Raisin series. I see she's written 25 of these and there is a TV series. Well, I didn't find it very funny and the humour was rather cruel. I skimmed most of it as it was really rather trashy. It made me realize how amazing Alexander McCall-Smith is. His novels aren't "great" literature but always interesting and the humour is gentle.

"A Distant View of Everything"  by Alexander McCall-Smith



I haven't been reading these in order. I pick them up here and there at various book sales. I do enjoy reading about Edinburgh and her musings on a variety of topics that occur to her. And then there is always a bit of a mystery when she gets involved helping people.

One thing about not reading them in order is I forget what I've read. I think I need to go back to listing what I've read in a journal . I actually came across the journal I was using to do this a while ago. I stopped doing this when I started doing the "Itty Bittys" on my blog but it's too cumbersome to go back over my blog posts.