Friday, July 12, 2019

Back at UBC together 50 years later....

Roger, Kerry, Jim and I all went to UBC together and have many happy memories getting together and playing cards and for a big treat sharing a bottle of Baby Duck. We were really pleased they could come out for lunch yesterday.




I see Baby Duck is still available.  I think it was the cheapest wine you could buy but at 7% alcohol it wasn't a "cheap drunk" :)  I think I remember having it with pizza mainly. Now, this was a treat since pizza wasn't cheap in those days.

Launched in the 1970s, Baby Duck once dominated Ontario's burgeoning wine market. It still holds its own, with forward sweet fruit and lively bubbles. Enjoy aromas and flavours of sweet table grapes and ripe pear. Serve well-chilled with Asian cuisine, jerk chicken or smoky barbecue.