Thursday, October 18, 2018

Shopping for a baby toy

Kat, our favourite server at Las Margaritas, is having a baby girl in December so I wanted to pick up a little gift. There is a toy store on 10th and I was hoping to find one of those soft baby books. Being book lovers ourselves it seemed appropriate. I loved the one we had when Richard was a baby. I love the idea of it...baby's very first book!

I was thrilled to find this one and also perfect since she and her husband live in Kits close to the ocean. The little "pockets" with things in them are so neat and great for a baby to interact with.






Thinking about toys that Richard loved...LEGO the really big one but when he was younger the corn popper, the very famous Magic Kit by Fisher Price, Masters of the Universe (I think we made a special trip to Seattle to buy the castle since they weren't any available in Canada in time for Christmas and of course he was expecting Santa to bring him one), Transformers, and Hot Wheels cars.




I read an article recently on the National Toy Hall of Fame (who knew?) and they "induct" a toy every year...kind of interesting.

http://www.toyhalloffame.org/toys