Friday, October 26, 2018

Itty Bitty Book Review: "March"

 "March" by Geraldine Brooks


This is our book for the Brock House Book Club today. I will be interested in the discussion as usual. I was a bit turned off by this choice since "March" is Mr. March from Little Woman. But it is from his point of view in this terrible Civil War in the US and I found it excellent.

My mother gave me two books from her library to read around the same time..."Little Women" and "Rebecca" by Dauphne du Maurier. I thought "Little Women" was old fashioned and goody goody but I love Rebecaa. I read the first chapter of each again and I still didn't like Little Women but loved Rebecca.  I could read that again now that I've been to the south of France and Monte Carlo.

Both books have never been out of print since publication.