Thursday, October 11, 2018

Avocado toast with Carol

It is getting to be a bit of a tradition!  Great to see Carol before we leave and I found lots of goodies at Stong's...a treat after the rather mundane offerings at Save-On.

I pointed this out to Carol and she bought it.  It's a "stewing hen" so will make a nice chicken stew I think. It was really quite large for $6.45...a good deal I would say.


We were curious about what this place is going to be. I found this info in Dunbar Life. Sounds like it will be an interesting browse. We guessed a toy store or possibly clothing...neither it seems.

"Ohhh my. I’m so intrigued. Opening October 22nd and featuring fine art, furnishings and select collectables. Can’t wait to have a peek! Located on Dunbar and 27th."


 I couldn't resist these orange tulips to go with my little pumpkin and to keep the cat company.


 The smoked pork loin looks excellent and I haven't seen a veal, pork, and beef meatloaf mix for ages.  I haven't made meatloaf for ages. I guess I'll have to look at a recipe.



A pound of large scallps for $20...a good deal.


I thought I'd give this a try. I was wondering if it would be strong enough for our tastes...it it!



I'm hoping this roast will work out. I haven't seen a roast at Save-On I thought would be any good or else way too big.


I just might be going that extra distance to Stong's.