Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Room with a view

A little video I made in 2002 from our hotel in Sienna. I called this "Room With a View" as we did have this wonderful view over the Tuscan Hills. We had a demi-pension (breakfast and dinner) and the evening meals were absolutely fabulous and so great to just not to have to find a good restaurant after touring in Tuscany all day. Sienna is a walled city and one of the days we had trouble getting back in but we did manage to stumble on the right road after going down some one way streets. Well, it's very Italian to do that, isn't it?

I learned that the wonderful aria "O bio bambino caro" was in the movie "Room with a View" so perhaps that's also why it's so familiar.

The sound I put on it is a Tino Rossi song as we listened to Tino a lot while driving through Italy. The aria would have even been better I think.  Jim opened the volets and windows and I filmed everything from the open window.

https://youtu.be/PbpJUyD7KSE?list=FLOiZN9l0VG99U08ZvMROSAQ

A few images (not mine) of these wonderful Tuscan Hills