Sunday, June 17, 2018

Books and Berries and the Jane Austen Society meeting

The June meeting is a little different in that there isn't a speaker but people present books they have enjoyed usually with a Jane Austen connection of some kind. And strawberries and whipped cream and other yummy desserts with berries make up dessert and of course all the usual goodies people bring for the finger food buffet.

And there is a book sale.  Donna helped with it this year and it made around $80.

I really enjoyed the book review presentations and have already put a hold on the Bill Bryson book, "The Road to Little Dribbing: further notes from a small island".  I just loved Notes From a Small Island.

And I bought some books.

It was a bright sunny day and I couldn't resist wearing my lemon top!


Donna counting the proceeds of the book sale.





And the books I bought...one at $2 then four at the last minute reduced price of 25 cents...a good deal.



I am curious to read Allan Fotheringham again...a columnist everyone loved in Vancouver.  And we loved Birmingham so couldn't pass this up for a quarter.