Sunday, October 24, 2021

Gastown in the rain

I loved this painting. Goodness, we haven't been to Gastown for a long time.We almost always went to The Water Street Cafe across from the Steam Clock and sat outside in the sunshine. Well, I guess we've missed that opportunity for this year. I usually got their Calamari Caesar. I also think I got their carpaccio the odd time and I see they have crab cakes. Crab cakes usually disappoint me and lately I've been trying to remember where I had some fabulous ones. Probably  not here as I think I would have ordered them a lot. Jim got some kind of pasta...surprise, surprise :)

http://www.waterstreetcafe.ca/menus/



From:

 I grew up in Vancouver BC

Mark Art Prosser 20h 
Wanted to share this painting of 'Gastown in the Rain' Its the first one of Vancouver I tried in this style back in December. I used to work in an office just down this street at 375 Landing. You will never find a place like this anywhere here, cobblestone streets and old fashioned lampposts from the 1800s. This used to be the center of everything in Vancouver.