Wednesday, April 21, 2021

What a wonderful surprise!

I was just wondering what to post on my blog and this package arrived from Maureen in Germany! What a lift to get this in these dismal times. Because of Covid she wasn't able to visit her family at Easter so tackled another cupboard to organize and came across these old photos.

Maureen knows I love tea towels from places we visit. We didn't get to Sicily when we were in Italy but I now can imagine being there at least when I look at this towel.


And these lovely plates. We will think of you, Maureen, when we dine.



Maureen's note and lavender soap from France. She remembered how much I love lavender. 


These are from 2003 and Maureen remembers our  trip to the market in Carqueiranne. As Maureen says Jim couldn't take his eyes off the ham. It was fabulous.




This is from 1987 when we visited them in Germany. They drove us up to Travemunde on the North Sea. It was very cold that day so we were having a hot drink to warm us up.

We had spent most of the summer in  England and France when Richard was 10 years old and very bored expecially having to endure our long dining experiences. He was thrilled to be in Germany because his cousin, Stephen, had lots of video games so he was in heaven.

This is from the newspaper in 1968 when we got married. I guess Jim's parents sent this. 


Thank you, thank you, thank you, Maureen!