Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A lovely chat with Maureen this morning

 It's very difficult times in Germany with lockdowns and no travel and they have a shortage of vaccines too. She was born in 1946 but won't get her first vaccine until May 15. I do admire Maureen for keeping her spirits up through it all. She has taken lots of bus trips in Europe...one very special one was to Sicily and that's when she bought the tea towel. I feel very honoured to have received it as a gift.

I found my 1987 photos and here are a few I took on that visit to them. 

Maureen looking over pastries. The pastries in Germany were absolutely amazing...the best anywhere I have had in the world. She took me to a wonderful tea shop. I don't seem to have a photo of that but I certainly remember it.


Stephen  and Richard on a rare occasion that they weren't playing video games :)


This is my favourite photo of Roland and Maureen. They had a special relationship and I know she misses him very much.



One day when we were in Germany with them they said we were going to a special place. The special place was a trailer in the country that they used as a getaway. It was a very special place.