Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Phone booth pranks

 We never thought of doing something like this probably because we didn't have necessary money. I don't think kids today could grasp how funny we thought knocking on a door then running away was. They were simpler times for sure!



"Best prank my brothers and I played was taking down the phone numbers of two pay booths about 4 blocks away from each other on Robson. The next day we called one of the booths. A woman walking by answered. I told her I was four blocks away, stuck in a phone booth and I couldn’t get the door open. I asked her to come help me! She was dubious, but I think she was walking that way anyway. We had timed how long it took to walk those four blocks and so I counted down and then phoned the second booth. Sure enough the woman was there by then and answered. I told her I had managed to escape and came down to the first booth to tell her not to bother and now I was stuck in THAT one! She said “very funny... you kids find something better to do.”