Monday, October 26, 2020

"Citizenship Study Guide Should Tell the Truth"

 This was a very interesting "letter to the editor" in the Vancouver Sun recently.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/opinion-canadian-citizenship-study-guide-should-tell-the-truth-about-racism

I am rather curious to read the guide and see that is easily availble to download in PDF, eBook, and even audio read by some notable Canadians. However, I am very anxious to read Thomas King's "Indians on Vacation" so that will be first on my list after I finish Linden McIntyre's "The Wake" about the 1929 Tusami in Newfoundland and all the troubles that came after. This is a Brock House Bookclub choice. Mr. Kindle tells me I have read 42%. 

The writers of this letter do seem to bring up some valid objections to the current guide.