Sunday, August 11, 2019

Out to Crescent Beach yesterday

Well, the sun didn't shine but it was amazingly fresh and great to get out for a drive. Donna's suggestion and we all enjoyed it. It was drizzling while we walked on the beach but not a problem since the air was so wonderful....ozone from the rain and the smell of seaweed. Our families didn't tend to go to Crescent Beach. We always seemed to go to White Rock. I think the beaches are sandier and there is that great pier that is almost repaired now from the big storm.

We had lunch at The Cabin. I believe the structure is about 100 years old. There was lots of old ski decor as well as old golf clubs and tennis racquets...all sports we have participated in.  There are a lot of restaurants in this beach area. I imagine they are all pretty packed when it's a great day. We didn't have any trouble parking.






Well, never hunting, of course.


There were a lot of very cool houses and cabins on the waterfront. I was attracted to this one because of the white picket fence and the blue stairs. A highlight of my life was getting paid $5 to paint our white picket fence when I was a kid.