Monday, August 26, 2019

A new direction for my blog

We had lots of laughs with Donna, Linda, and Cec having dinner at the University Golf Club last night but I think my blog readers have probably had enough photos of food and all of us:)

I'm going to get away from recording social events and try to challenge myself to doing other things. Today I thought I'd start off with some thoughts on humour. It seemed like a good way to start since last night we were supposed to go to Minerva's starting at Donna's place first. When Jim and I went to  go to the garage leave, the gate was stuck so we couldn't get the car out!

So, plans changed and we ended up at the golf club for dinner since it's so close to us. Our dear friends took this all in good humour and we had a wonderful evening ending at our place with the dessert Donna brought...fresh peaches and absolutely delicious homemade brownies. Thanks, guys!

"Dave" is a local journalist in Edinburgh and picks his top funniest jokes every year.
I guess I like these because they have a gentle quality and aren't particularly political. I didn't immediately get #4 for some reason. I'll blame it on being number challenged :)

Edinburgh Comedy Fringe Festival Jokes




Dave’s 10 funniest jokes of the 2019 fringe

1. I keep randomly shouting out “Broccoli” and “Cauliflower”. I think I might have Florets. – Olaf Falafel
2. Someone stole my antidepressants. Whoever they are, I hope they’re happy. – Richard Stott
3. What’s driving Brexit? From here it looks like it’s probably the Duke of Edinburgh. – Milton Jones
4. A cowboy asked me if I could help him round up 18 cows. I said, “Yes, of course. That’s 20 cows.” – Jake Lambert
5. A thesaurus is great. There’s no other word for it. – Ross Smith
6. Sleep is my favourite thing in the world. It’s the reason I get up in the morning. – Ross Smith
7. I accidentally booked myself on to an escapology course; I’m really struggling to get out of it. – Adele Cliff
8. After learning six hours of basic semaphore, I was flagging. – Richard Pulsford
9. To be or not to be a horse rider, that is Equestrian. – Mark Simmons
10. I’ve got an Eton-themed advent calendar, where all the doors are opened for me by my dad’s contacts. – Ivo Graham