Saturday, June 08, 2019

Our old haunts yesterday

We went to Downtown Computers because I couldn't get the iPhone 6s Jim bought for me working. Either could the owner in the end. It was somewhat frustrating but intersting to see how calm and patient this guy was with everyone who came in or phoned with various issues. I have an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Oakridge Apple Store today and if they can't solve the problem, he'll refund the money. I really like it. It seems in excellent shape. I really want a headphone jack so can't upgrade any higher without being stuck with Bluetooth.

We took advantage of being downtown to go to the Cactus Club to split a Lettuce Wrap....very yummy as usual and now they have a tofu option. I'm not keen on tofu but if I had to eat it, I'm sure this recipe would work very well.

SZECHUAN LETTUCE WRAPS
sweet and spicy szechuan chicken or tofu, peanuts, wontons, korean chili sauce, spicy yogurt

We noticed The Boathouse has closed. Well, not surprised given the competition of the Cactus Club.




Our old hotdog guy. The price has gone up 25 cents to $3.75.  About 10 years ago they were $3 so not much of an increase.

Our wonderful old English Bay slide that my mother went down as a kid  and Jim and I went down as kids.  My mom learned to swim from Joe Fortes.


And, of course, we had to go to The Syvia for a Red Truck Pale Ale.  We find it somewhat bizarre that you don't get the pale ale almost anywhere else.




We got our favourite seat.


I think this is a new old photo of the bar in yesteryear.


I think I've seen this one before but it seems to be in a new place. I guess that was when the restaurant was at the top in "Dine in the Sky".


No explanation needed.


Can't but smile at the Laughing Men...such a pleasure for so many people.